On 9/17/26 21:08, Stefano Brivio wrote:
Never make more resolution attempts than there are still unresolved dependency errors.
In the context of my current mesh network with ~700 route entries these changes reduce the required processing time from 5.5s to 15ms.
Ouch. Nice.
After searching for answers, how these ENETUNREACH and EHOSTUNREACH in the dependency solver routines are actually caused, I finally looked into the iproute2 code for the save and restore commands: https://github.com/iproute2/iproute2/blob/e6471d772f3e15a813e6c9a81b4b7adcfa... Now I finally see that this task can be handled without all this stupid trial-and-error play and doesn't require a limit of route entries if we just reassemble the routing tables in three successive steps resp. loops: /* Restore routes in correct order: * 0. ones for local addresses, * 1. ones for local networks, * 2. others (remote networks/hosts). */ That's a much nicer and more efficient solution than all our previous attempts. So I'll have to rewrite the whole thing again... It will take a few days.